I2T rating of MOSFET IAUS300N10S5N015T

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Archit1
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked First reply posted

Dear all,

I am using "IAUS300N10S5N015T" MOSFET and I want to know its I2T rating at 150 deg Junction Temperature. The datasheet says it can handle 1272 A for 100us @25 deg C. However I am not quite sure. Can please Someone guide me through this. I am worried about dead short case where both top and bottom Mosfets are shorted to battery (60 V) for How much time they can sustain the high currents 

Archit1_0-1663848741715.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Shivam_P
100 replies posted 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Archit,

Usually MOSFET failure depends on short circuit current and its di/dt value. The  di/dt depends on the current path inductance majorly from the output filter inductance. 

However, You can simulate the closed loop path include o/p inductor in it and other o/p filter capacitors to get the brief idea about short circuit time values as per your requirement. Keep MOSFET short (Turn ON without any pulse) while simulation and find di/dt. After that you can calculate the power loss and then temperature which should not cross 150°C. The time 150°C reaches is the maximum dead time you can consider. By default simulation will be in 25°C. You can simulate in LTSpice. 

Regards

Shivam

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Shivam_P
100 replies posted 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Archit,

Usually MOSFET failure depends on short circuit current and its di/dt value. The  di/dt depends on the current path inductance majorly from the output filter inductance. 

However, You can simulate the closed loop path include o/p inductor in it and other o/p filter capacitors to get the brief idea about short circuit time values as per your requirement. Keep MOSFET short (Turn ON without any pulse) while simulation and find di/dt. After that you can calculate the power loss and then temperature which should not cross 150°C. The time 150°C reaches is the maximum dead time you can consider. By default simulation will be in 25°C. You can simulate in LTSpice. 

Regards

Shivam