High voltage buck converter design

Announcements

Live Webinar: Solving the challenges in xEV power conversions | March 7 @9am & 5pm CET. Register now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
taewan
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins First like received

Hello, I am designing a buck converter.
The design specifications are 800V input voltage, 400V output voltage, and 5.5A current.
Since this is a very high-rated system, we are planning to implement the system using external SiC MOSFETs, gate drivers, and controllers.
The switch uses IMGB120R030M1H, the diode uses IDB30E120, and the gate driver uses 1EDI60I12AF.
However, I haven't selected a controller yet. Can you recommend a controller that fits my system?
And there is difficulty in connecting the pins.
How should I connect the outputs (OUT_P, and OUT_N) of the gate driver (1EDI6012AF) to G of the switch and to the SENSE pin of the SiC MOSFET? The approximate circuit is as shown in the attached photo.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SivaBommadevara
50 sign-ins First like received 25 replies posted

Dear @taewan ,

Greetings from Infineon.

It is good to know that you have considered Infineon products for your design.

1. please see the below pictures (for only your reference) for the Gate resistor and sense pin connections.

please use your designed gate resistor values with Supply voltages on both sides.

SivaBommadevara_0-1702551098938.png

SivaBommadevara_1-1702551122894.png

2. our other customers often considered  controllers like "  XMC4400-F100K512 BA  " for their applications.

for more details please visit Infineon website.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Siva Naga Malleswararao.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SivaBommadevara
50 sign-ins First like received 25 replies posted

Dear @taewan ,

Greetings from Infineon.

It is good to know that you have considered Infineon products for your design.

1. please see the below pictures (for only your reference) for the Gate resistor and sense pin connections.

please use your designed gate resistor values with Supply voltages on both sides.

SivaBommadevara_0-1702551098938.png

SivaBommadevara_1-1702551122894.png

2. our other customers often considered  controllers like "  XMC4400-F100K512 BA  " for their applications.

for more details please visit Infineon website.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Siva Naga Malleswararao.

0 Likes