FS03MR12A6MA1B

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
max_Chiang
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - WPG(GC)
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 25 sign-ins

1. Calculation of Eon/Eoff after Power loss adjusts Rg & Calculation of film cap capacity of IN CAP

2. Does the Module lead resistance parameter in FS03MR12A6MA1LB have values corresponding to 125 degrees and 150 degrees? Or is there a calculation method?

3. Design documentation for Dead time.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @max_Chiang ,

Please find the comments below,

1. Calculation of Eon/Eoff after Power loss adjusts Rg & Calculation of film cap capacity of IN CAP

There are different ways to derive the Eon & Eoff for your application. 

a. Eon & Eoff  vs Id is provided datasheet for a specific Vds, Vgs and Rg values. If you wish to estimate the energies for different Rg, then you may use a corrective factor as shown below. 

Meghana_0-1664194618145.png

where, the corrective factors are as below,

Meghana_1-1664194655748.png

b.  IPOSIM Power simulation tool could be used to evaluate the component performance in the given topology with the given specification. You may customize the application specification, thermal specification and as well the gate resistance as per your need. The tool shall provide you with both conduction loss & switching loss data separately, which shall help you tune your system specifications optimally.

Can you please provide us the information about the application in which you are intending to use this bridge, to advise on the DC capacitor calculation.

2. Does the Module lead resistance parameter in FS03MR12A6MA1LB have values corresponding to 125 degrees and 150 degrees? Or is there a calculation method?

I will update you on this query after checking internally.

3. Design documentation for Dead time

Below provided app note explains about deadtime calculation for IGBT bridge which can also be referred as a start point for SiC Modules as well. 

Calculate and Minimize deadtime for IGBTs

Regards

Meghana

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Meghana

Hello @max_Chiang ,

Please find the comments below,

There are different ways to derive the Eon & Eoff for your application. 

a. Eon & Eoff  vs Id is provided datasheet for a specific Vds, Vgs and Rg values. If you wish to estimate the energies for different Rg, then you may use a corrective factor as shown below. 

Meghana_0-1664194618145.png

where, the corrective factors are as below,

Meghana_1-1664194655748.png

b.  IPOSIM Power simulation tool could be used to evaluate the component performance in the given topology with the given specification. You may customize the application specification, thermal specification and as well the gate resistance as per your need. The tool shall provide you with both conduction loss & switching loss data separately, which shall help you tune your system specifications optimally.

Can you please provide us the information about the application in which you are intending to use this bridge, to advise on the DC capacitor calculation.

I will update you on this query after checking internally.

3. Design documentation for Dead time

Below provided app note explains about deadtime calculation for IGBT bridge which can also be referred as a start point for SiC Modules as well. 

Calculate and Minimize deadtime for IGBTs

Regards

Meghana

max_Chiang
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - WPG(GC)

Calculation of film cap capacity of IN CAP

application information
490Arms(10s), Vdc=800V , cosθ=0.8~0.9, Modulation=0.9~1

3000Arms , Vdc=800V , cosθ=0.8~0.9, Modulation=0.9~1

0 Likes
Jingwei
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi Meghana,

user has created similar question. https://community.infineon.com/t5/MOSFET-Si-SiC/Calculation-of-film-cap-capacity-of-IN-CAP-FS03MR12A...

Could you check?

BR,

Steven

0 Likes
max_Chiang
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - WPG(GC)

Hi Meghana Can you please help

1. Provide information on the application I intend to use this bridge for, please suggest how to calculate DC capacitors.

application information
490Arms(10s), Vdc=800V , cosθ=0.8~0.9, Modulation=0.9~1

3000Arms , Vdc=800V , cosθ=0.8~0.9, Modulation=0.9~1

2. The membrane cap used on the power module I would like to count as a buffer

Thanks

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @max_Chiang ,

DC link capacitor value mainly depends below two system requirements

• Maximum allowed ripple voltage
  • Ripple current requirement ( Ic_rms)( AC component of the inverter input current)

Depending on the modulation technique the ripple current value will differ. There are several IEEE articles that are available which address this calculation. Below provided is one such reference. 

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1665387

Ripple voltage basically application specific requirement. Generally it will range between 1-10%.

Once the ripple current value & ripple voltage values are known, the capacitance value can be calculated from the basic relation below,

Meghana_0-1665671472888.png

Hope it helps you

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @max_Chiang ,

In addition to the reference shared above, you may also consider below IEEE paper. Earlier shared is for single phase inverter and below document is for three phase VSI. 

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8372489

You may refer to one of the document based on your converter type.

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes
max_Chiang
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - WPG(GC)

thanks 

sorry, ask again

Does the 8.5nH of Ls and ds of the FS03MR12A6MA1LB datasheet refer to the Stray inductance of a single switch? Or is it the half bridge value?

max_Chiang_5-1665709073849.jpeg

max_Chiang_4-1665709045285.jpeg

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @max_Chiang ,

The stray inductance of the module is the sum of stray inductances of one phase-leg/ half bridge between the power terminals. 

Just an additional note. In case the power module is not symmetric (especially for two terminal DC connection B6-bridge modules), the stray inductance of each phase-leg is measured and the maximum value is noted in datasheet. 

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @max_Chiang ,

Here is an update regarding your question about Module lead resistance. Unfortunately, we will not be able to share this information on a public forum. Kindly create a case under https://mycases.infineon.com/ if this data is a must for your design.

Regards

Meghana R

0 Likes
max_Chiang
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - WPG(GC)

@Meghana 

1.FS03MR12A6MA1B的最大fsw [kHz]是多少

2. FS03MR12A6MA1B 計算升壓器的功值。有公式可以參考嗎?

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @max_Chiang ,

Please correct me if I'm understanding your question differently. 

1. What is the maximum fsw [kHz] of FS03MR12A6MA1B?

• There will be no specific value defined for the device. Switching frequency should be decided by the designer based on their application. With increase in switching frequency, power dissipation in the device increases. Based on the thermal arrangement, switching frequency has to be sized such that junction temperature remains within limits. Additionally , EMI performance of the application also should be considered during this evaluation. 

2. From translation, i was unable to understand your question. Can you please provide more details about your query.

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes
max_Chiang
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - WPG(GC)

Hi @Meghana 

I am sorry I didn't notice that I wrote Chinese
Ask my question again

1. What is the maximum fsw [kHz] of FS03MR12A6MA1B 
     a. Is it recommended to use if fsw is at 60-200kHz?

2. FS03MR12A6MA1B calculates the power loss of the Booster 400V to 800V. Is there a formula to refer to?

Thanks

0 Likes
max_Chiang
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - WPG(GC)

Hi @Meghana 

Where can I download the SPICE of FS03MR12A6MA1B

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @max_Chiang ,

1. What is the maximum fsw [kHz] of FS03MR12A6MA1B. Is it recommended to use if fsw is at 60-200kHz?

- As mentioned previously, for a power device, limitation on switching frequency comes from the total power dissipation and the thermal design. If the device junction temperature can be maintained within the rated limits considering power dissipation at 200kHz, then yes, this switching frequency can be used. As such the SiC devices can operate in mentioned switching frequency, provided the Tj is within limits.

2. FS03MR12A6MA1B calculates the power loss of the Booster 400V to 800V. Is there a formula to refer to?

- Can you please specify which converter configuration are you using. Is it three phase interleaved PFC with single phase input or three phase totem pole PFC with three phase input? I can suggest the references accordingly

3. Where can I download the SPICE of FS03MR12A6MA1B? 
FS03MR12A6MA1B module SPICE model is not available. But you may use IPOSIM to simulate your converter circuit with this device. Below is the link. 

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/tools/landing/iposim-infineon-online-power-simulation-platform/?redi...

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes