FS03MR12A6MA1B Data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
andrew_ar
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,
I am trying to design an inverter using the FS03MR12A6MA1B six pack module, but ideally need more information than is given on the datasheet.  Specifically, a VGS vs QG profile would be very helpful, please.  Otherwise, the Miller plateau voltage and some information about transconductance vs load information would be useful.
Many thanks in advance,

Andrew

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Dipti_Kiran
250 sign-ins 10 likes received 50 replies posted

Hi Andrew,

Please find attached the gate charge characteristics (Vgs vs Qgate ) curve forFS03MR12A6MA1B. Hope it helps in your inverter design.

Regards,

Dipti

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Dipti_Kiran

Hi Andrew,

Kindly note, it might take time to obtain this information. I will update at the earliest possible.

Meanwhile, could you please confirm my understanding?

As per my understanding, the requested data would probably be required for selecting the optimal gate driver for the FS03MR12A6MA1B six pack module as the transconductance curve (Id Vs Vgs) and the gate charge characteristics curve (Vgs vs Qgate) in the MOSFETs datasheet help selecting the optimal gate drive voltage and required gate drive current of the MOSFETs.

If not, kindly let us know what is the purpose of requested data in your inverter design so that, if possible we can provide some alternate way to your design?

Regards,

Dipti

0 Likes
lock attach
andrew_ar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dipti,

Thank you for your reply.  I understand that taking device measurements takes time.  However, the datasheet (attached) does not provide gate charge characteristics (Vgs vs Qgate plot).  There is only one figure given in table 4:

Total gate charge QG VDS = 600 V, VGS = -5/+15 V 1.32 μC

I am surprised, because Vgs vs Qgate is a standard piece of information given for power MOSFETs.  My request for transconductance was a possible workaround, but a Vgs vs Qgate plot would be much preferable. 

You are correct, in that I am trying to configure a gate drive chip to match the FS03MR12A6MA1B, but really need the gate charge profile to do that properly.  Can you let me know if a gate charge profile is available, please?  Due to practical constraints, we are using a -9V supply, so need to extrapolate beyond the -5V point, but more importantly need to know the whereabouts of the Miller plateau region.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Likes
lock attach
Dipti_Kiran

Hi Andrew,

Please find attached the gate charge characteristics (Vgs vs Qgate ) curve forFS03MR12A6MA1B. Hope it helps in your inverter design.

Regards,

Dipti

0 Likes
andrew_ar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dipti,
Thank you for the charge profile.  That will help me a lot.
Regards,
Andrew

0 Likes