Evaluation Board Modification

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Constance
Employee
Employee
First question asked
Hello, I have an EVAL_100W_DRIVE_CFD2 which I would like to operate a low-voltage motor to possibly drive a ceiling fan at 35W. I have done several modifications to this evaluation board such as:
1. Removing rectifier circuit and providing external 20V
2. Disconnect CoolSET section by removing R199 and providing external 12V at D17(-)
3. Changing values of resistor pairs (R02-R121, R03-R122 and R04-R123) into 3 single 27kOhm resistors
4. Change of IPD65R1K4CFD MOSFETs to IPD036N04L MOSFETs and removal of capacitors (C40-C43, C49 and C50)

At this moment, the motor tries to turn but is unable to.

I am not really sure what other components physically/DAVE should be changed for the motor to be able to run smoothly. Please help!
0 Likes
1 Solution
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @Constance 

On the SW side you need to change below two points

1)Since you provided 20V the minimum voltage shutdown for this board was you need to change in pmsm_foc_user_config.h file at Line146

2)since your current also low need to change your current  gain in line 215 in pmsm_foc_invertercard_parameters.h

3) Need to change the back emf gains in line  87 in pmsm_foc_invertercard_parameters.h

Thanks

Guru

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Guru_Prasad

Hello @Constance 

Thanks for posting your question in the Infineon community.

Apologies for the delayed response. 

The HW changes you made for AC-DC section and COOLSET section looks fine 

SW side let me check and get back to you 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Guru_Prasad

Hello @Constance 

On the SW side you need to change below two points

1)Since you provided 20V the minimum voltage shutdown for this board was you need to change in pmsm_foc_user_config.h file at Line146

2)since your current also low need to change your current  gain in line 215 in pmsm_foc_invertercard_parameters.h

3) Need to change the back emf gains in line  87 in pmsm_foc_invertercard_parameters.h

Thanks

Guru

0 Likes