EVAL-6ED2231S12TM1:SiC Module Replacement

Announcements

Live Webinar: Solving the challenges in xEV power conversions | March 7 @9am & 5pm CET. Register now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

EVAL-6ED2231S12TM1 isequipped withSiC Module:FS55MR12W1M1H_B11.

Is it possible to replace this with a SiC Modulewith lower on-resistance?

If possible, if there are any points to note when replacing and evaluating, I would appreciate it if you could teach me that as well.

EVAL-6ED2231S12TM1 User Manual

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-UG-2022-04_EVAL-6ED2231S12TM1-UserManual-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear @JiKo_85813,

This matter has been confirmed, so I would like to comment.

Yes. It is possible to replace it.

Installed on EVAL-6ED2231S12TM1The FS55MR12W1M1H_B11 is joined to the PCB board by Press-fit. Since the joining method is pressure welding, it is basically recommended to use a jig for removal and installation.

For details of the jig, please refer to the following section ofAssembly Instructions for the Easy Modules.

3.4 Press-in tools
4.1 Press-out tools

Manual installation and removal are not impossible, but they are considered a little difficult.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear @JiKo_85813,

Thank you for contacting us on our Community Forum.
We are checking it, so could you give us a little time?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear @JiKo_85813,

This matter has been confirmed, so I would like to comment.

Yes. It is possible to replace it.

Installed on EVAL-6ED2231S12TM1The FS55MR12W1M1H_B11 is joined to the PCB board by Press-fit. Since the joining method is pressure welding, it is basically recommended to use a jig for removal and installation.

For details of the jig, please refer to the following section ofAssembly Instructions for the Easy Modules.

3.4 Press-in tools
4.1 Press-out tools

Manual installation and removal are not impossible, but they are considered a little difficult.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your response.
Understood.

0 Likes