EVAL_1K4W_ZVS_FB_SMD, how to change the outpt voltage?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20393
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi

EVAL_1K4W_ZVS_FB_SMD

Existing output voltage Vo is 12V.  I would like to change to other voltage.

Pls hint me how to modify the code to change Vref, OVP and UVP.

Thanks 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hey!

I checked with the designer of the board, and as per his comments several changes are necessary and it's not limited to Software.

If the same power level has to be maintained, the transformer ratio or resonant tank elements need to be changed.

Each element on the board has to be reviewed to have a proper margin in their rating for their lifetime operation.

Voltage sensing resistors need to be adjusted as full span as per today's design doesn't cover desired voltage.

Therefore it's highly recommended from our side to not change this output voltage. If you would still want to proceed with the design from your side, I will work towards getting you the source file where you can do the software-related changes.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Pranava_YN

Hey,

May I know to what voltage you would want to change the output voltage to?

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes
User20393
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor

14.5V please

OVP 18V

UVP 9V

0 Likes
Pranava_YN

Hey!

I checked with the designer of the board, and as per his comments several changes are necessary and it's not limited to Software.

If the same power level has to be maintained, the transformer ratio or resonant tank elements need to be changed.

Each element on the board has to be reviewed to have a proper margin in their rating for their lifetime operation.

Voltage sensing resistors need to be adjusted as full span as per today's design doesn't cover desired voltage.

Therefore it's highly recommended from our side to not change this output voltage. If you would still want to proceed with the design from your side, I will work towards getting you the source file where you can do the software-related changes.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes
User20393
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor

Thanks Pranava

I beleive that infineon allow this board can be  scalability.

Yes I'm using my own power board and own transformer but remain the MCU board.  

I just need to modify a little bit of parameters:

-Switching frequency, dead time

-OVP , UVP and Vref 

That's it.

If you can hint me which line of code or which define need to be changed accordingly

That would be great 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Pranava_YN

Hi,

In controller_buck.h BUCK_VOLTAGE_REF can be used to set the output voltage. BUCK_VOLTAGE_REF_TRHLD and BUCK_VOLTAGE_REF_MIN should also be set accordingly. 

PranavaYN_0-1653313120957.png

For UVP and OVP voltage, please refer to VOLTAGE_OVP and VOLTAGE_UVP macros present in controller.h

All these values are in terms of ADC Units. The actual voltage depends on ADC REF as well as the divider used to measure voltage.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes
User20393
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor

Thanks Pranava

How's about the switching frequency and dead time ?

I need to change them as well. Which line / define need to be changed ?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Pranava_YN

Hi,

Deadtime can be configured by the GUI. The parameters entered are stored in parameters_RAM.dead_time_A_B, parameters_RAM.dead_time_C_D, and are used throughout the project.

Please check PWM_A_B_PERIOD and PWM_D_PERIOD to change the switching frequency of PWM.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes