Determine the lead inductance from Spice model- SiC devices

Announcements

Live Webinar: Solving the challenges in xEV power conversions | March 7 @9am & 5pm CET. Register now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NTT_TW
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Dear Engineers & Infineon!

I am Tung, who currently work on OBC projects, I would like to use Infineon-IMZ120R030M1H device as SiC power switches. Before using it, I would like to model this device instead of using the model from Infineon. However, I am not sure how to determine the lead inductance for D,G,S, SSense pins of SiC packages from Spice model?

I am able to find some inductaces values inside the Spice model. But the problem is they use L1,L2,L3 and L4 for lead inductances, I am not sure which inductances belongs to which pins. Would you mind to give me some suggestions on this issue?

Tung_Nguyen_TW_0-1688351021245.png

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rachel_G
50 likes received 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Dear  

If you need to recreate the model by yourself, then after the modification you can validate the model according to the characteristic curves in the datasheet.

Best regards,

Rachel

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rachel_G

Hello  

This information is internally confidential and is not available to customers. If you have any further questions related to its use, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Rachel

NTT_TW
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Dear @Rachel_G 

Thank you for your answer! Actually, the Spice model is good but it also a computational burden model. So that I just want to build a simpler model for PSIM simulation. Is there any way for me to solve this problem? Great thanks!

0 Likes
Rachel_G

Dear  

If you need to recreate the model by yourself, then after the modification you can validate the model according to the characteristic curves in the datasheet.

Best regards,

Rachel

0 Likes