DRS light of EVAL_4KVA_230VAC_5LINV

Announcements

Live Webinar: Solving the challenges in xEV power conversions | March 7 @9am & 5pm CET. Register now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
engusbk
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First like given

Hello,

I recently purchased an EVAL_4KVA_230VAC_5LINV board. According to the quick start guide, I made sure that current drawn from the auxiliary power supply is under the specified limit. However, even though there is no DC input the DRS light is always ON. Moreover, I believe that this prevents the MOSFET to switch ON/OFF.  You can see the attached image for better understanding.

How can I solve this issue? I'd really appreciate if you guys can assist me in this issue.

Kind regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Neo_Qin
5 likes given 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @engusbk ,

Sorry for the delay.

According to Chapter 5.51/Figure 56 of the  AN_2006_PL51_2007_045147 , the inverter is designed to operate over a specified DC input range 380VDC~420VDC. It is therefore necessary to monitor the input voltage to prevent operation outside of these limits by disabling all PWM gate drives and waiting until the correct voltage input is available. 

Is it possible that this is the reason you are observing the EVK board not working as expected?

Neo_Qin_0-1704364123899.png

Feel free get back for any further clarifications.

Kind Regards,

Neo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Neo_Qin

Hi @engusbk ,

Thank you for considering Infineon for your design collaboration.

That's slightly tricky, regarding the EVAL_4KVA_230VAC_5LINV, I only have the AN_2006_PL51_2007_045147  at the moment, which is not enough for me to have a definitive answer.

I will contact it internally and get back to you soon.

BR,

Neo

Hello @neo_Qin,

Actually, it's the same board now I relized. We are both talking about the 5 Level ANPC-FC board (EVAL_4KVA_230VAC_5LINV ,  AN_2006_PL51_2007_045147).

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

bk

0 Likes
Neo_Qin

Hi @engusbk ,

Sorry for the delay.

According to Chapter 5.51/Figure 56 of the  AN_2006_PL51_2007_045147 , the inverter is designed to operate over a specified DC input range 380VDC~420VDC. It is therefore necessary to monitor the input voltage to prevent operation outside of these limits by disabling all PWM gate drives and waiting until the correct voltage input is available. 

Is it possible that this is the reason you are observing the EVK board not working as expected?

Neo_Qin_0-1704364123899.png

Feel free get back for any further clarifications.

Kind Regards,

Neo

0 Likes