Could I use FPC cable for the drive signal between driver IC (IR21864) and paralleling Mosfet (IR4115)?

Announcements

Live Webinar: Solving the challenges in xEV power conversions | March 7 @9am & 5pm CET. Register now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wanglipeng00000
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 likes given

Hi, I am using driver IC (IR21864) and paralleling Mosfet (IR4115), Could I use FPC cable for the drive signal between driver IC (IR21864) and paralleling Mosfet (IR4115)? The number of paralleling Mosfet (IR4115) is about 13, and the FPC cable is in the link below,

https://image.baidu.com/search/detail?ct=503316480&z=0&ipn=d&word=FPC%E6%8E%92%E7%BA%BF&step_word=&h... 

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
5 likes given 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

I hope you are placing the driver IC and MOSFET switch on same PCB it self. It is recommended to keep the driver IC as close as possible to the switch in order to minimize the parasitic inductance in gate-source path. So,  I request you to use the PCB track for such purpose as the cable might increase the path inductance and cause some issue with gate signal like oscillation etc.

Thanks,

AZIZ

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN
5 likes given 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

I hope you are placing the driver IC and MOSFET switch on same PCB it self. It is recommended to keep the driver IC as close as possible to the switch in order to minimize the parasitic inductance in gate-source path. So,  I request you to use the PCB track for such purpose as the cable might increase the path inductance and cause some issue with gate signal like oscillation etc.

Thanks,

AZIZ

wanglipeng00000
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 likes given

Thanks very much, @AZIZ_HASSAN , I still have a question, how many the driver current is normally?

0 Likes