Can you suggest any Automotive Mosfet with wide SOA?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Sunny100
Employee
Employee
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Our customer would like to explore looking at with SOA automotive Mosfets.

Can you please suggest any part numbers to look into. Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
sushank
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

filtered out results mosfets 

here is the filtered out results there were only 5 mosfets left out with your provided specification out of which AUIRFN8459 has the widest SOA as compared to other ones. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
sushank

hi there

please find the mosfet as per your specification from the below link 

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/mosfet/

0 Likes
Sunny100
Employee
Employee

I'm aware of this landing page.   Since there are so many  devices,  I'd like to know which part numbers specifically I need to  start with. Let me make it a bit more specific.. My customer would like to use 40V wide SOA parts  for current limiting application.  

0 Likes
sushank

Hi,

what is the operating current that the device is passing? and how much temperature the device could go during operation, 

the first step would be for you is to filter out the results based on your expected Rdson, IDS, Vds, Vgs, Tj , package than after that left out mosfets we can compare and analyze which could give you the wider SOA.   

0 Likes
Sunny100
Employee
Employee

The operating current could be about 50A. But my specific question would be - do you have any recommendation if  there is a family of 40V Automotive Mosfets which are targeted for  wide SOA applications? The filter will not be able to help me with sorting for SOA. 

0 Likes
sushank

filtered out results mosfets 

here is the filtered out results there were only 5 mosfets left out with your provided specification out of which AUIRFN8459 has the widest SOA as compared to other ones. 

0 Likes