Alternative to Si9910 adaptive power MOSFET driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HumeleJotesane
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Anyone here is familiar with power adaptive MOSFET drivers?

I'm facing the challenge of building an old design based on poorly documented production data. Due to the age of the design, finding some parts has been sort of a nightmare. We've managed to get everything, but two components that haven't been produced for almost a decade.

Thus, I am looking for an alternative to the Si9910, ideally pin-identic. Any suggestions? The driver drives a SPP20N60S5 N-Channel MOSFET switching 400V with a frequency up to 8kHz.

If my search fails completely, my only alternative seems to be creating a small PCB fulfilling the function, and create some kind of adapter to position it on the component footprint, since changing the layout is not an option. Has anyone here have any experience doing this kind of thing in this trying times? All advice is welcome.

0 Likes
1 Solution
vigneshkumar
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Jotesane,

Thanks for posting in Infineon community.

SPP20N60S5 – Product status is Obsolete.

MOSFET alternate   -IPP60R099C7, IPP60R105CFD7, , IPP65R110CFD7

Gate driver - Exact Functional and pin configuration for your application is not available in our portfolio.

We can suggest you some other alternate driver, you can use another PCB to mount on existing board.

Alternate 1: 1ED020I12-BT (Active Miller Clamp, Active shutdown and Short circuit clamping)

Alternate2:  IRS2127S (dV/dt immune, over current shutdown)

Pls refer the Infineon gate driver selection guide.

Regards,

Vignesh kumar.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vigneshkumar
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Jotesane,

Thanks for posting in Infineon community.

SPP20N60S5 – Product status is Obsolete.

MOSFET alternate   -IPP60R099C7, IPP60R105CFD7, , IPP65R110CFD7

Gate driver - Exact Functional and pin configuration for your application is not available in our portfolio.

We can suggest you some other alternate driver, you can use another PCB to mount on existing board.

Alternate 1: 1ED020I12-BT (Active Miller Clamp, Active shutdown and Short circuit clamping)

Alternate2:  IRS2127S (dV/dt immune, over current shutdown)

Pls refer the Infineon gate driver selection guide.

Regards,

Vignesh kumar.