Record audio files using Microphone flex evaluation kit for IM69D130

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User21305
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
Respected Infineon team,

I am trying to make a digital stethoscope using MEMS microphone. I bought Infineon
Microphone flex evaluation kit for IM69D130 microphones.

Can I record audio files in .wav format using the flex evaluation kit, without the Audio Hub Nano ?

I have other boards like the Raspberry Pi 3,4 and Arduino MKR1010 available with me. Can I use these boards and the flex evaluation kit to record .wav files?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @User21305 

It should be possible to use the IM69D130 Microphone with an MCU, record audio using it, and store the audio in .wav format. THE IM69D130 Mic that you have is a digital PDM output microcontroller, so the device you are interfacing it with should support PDM.

Please check the datasheet for the devices  Raspberry Pi 3,4 and Arduino MKR1010 to see if they support the PDM interface.

Also, how are you planning to convert the input from the microphone to .wav file? Are you planning to transfer the recorded data to Laptop/PC? In that case you can record the audio using the Audacity tool and export the recorded audio as a .wav file.

We have a similar example with PSOC 6, where we have interfaced the IM69D130 microphone with the PSoC 6 device. Internally we are converting the PDM data received from the microphone to the PC via the USB interface. In this case PSoC 6 acts as a USB Audio device. We can then use the audacity tool for capturing data in the .wav format.

https://github.com/Infineon/Community-Code-Examples/tree/master/sensor_interfacing/cce-psoc6-im69d13...

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @User21305 

It should be possible to use the IM69D130 Microphone with an MCU, record audio using it, and store the audio in .wav format. THE IM69D130 Mic that you have is a digital PDM output microcontroller, so the device you are interfacing it with should support PDM.

Please check the datasheet for the devices  Raspberry Pi 3,4 and Arduino MKR1010 to see if they support the PDM interface.

Also, how are you planning to convert the input from the microphone to .wav file? Are you planning to transfer the recorded data to Laptop/PC? In that case you can record the audio using the Audacity tool and export the recorded audio as a .wav file.

We have a similar example with PSOC 6, where we have interfaced the IM69D130 microphone with the PSoC 6 device. Internally we are converting the PDM data received from the microphone to the PC via the USB interface. In this case PSoC 6 acts as a USB Audio device. We can then use the audacity tool for capturing data in the .wav format.

https://github.com/Infineon/Community-Code-Examples/tree/master/sensor_interfacing/cce-psoc6-im69d13...

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes