Capture audio from multiple USB microphones at the same time in Windows

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FranCruzarianic
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi

I have Infineon AudioHub Nano, which works as a microphone with 2 microphone sensors if USB-connected to a Windows computer. For my application, I need at least 6 microphone sensors. I am thinking of plugging 3 AudioHub Nano into one computer and writing my software to capture audio signal from the 3 devices at the same time, but I was told by Infineon engineer that Windows only allows my software to omegle.2yu.co capture audio from one microphone at one time.

The reason given is

A windows or MAC computer allows usage of a single sound-card at any given time. If this sound-card is driving 1, 2, 4, or 8, the operating system does not care. But if there are two sound-cards, it is by default not allowed to use both at the same time. The Audio-hub nano works similar to a sound-card ...

I want to know whether or not it really cannot be done at my software. Otherwise, I need to make a Nano board with 6 microphone omeglz sensors.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @FranCruzarianic,

As you mentioned in the post, you can't use 3 AudioHub Nano devices for your requirement. You need to develop a board with 6 microphones enabled. 
For that we suggest, to configure 6 microphones sensors (IM69D130_FLEXIKIT), with a microcontroller of your choice.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @FranCruzarianic,

As you mentioned in the post, you can't use 3 AudioHub Nano devices for your requirement. You need to develop a board with 6 microphones enabled. 
For that we suggest, to configure 6 microphones sensors (IM69D130_FLEXIKIT), with a microcontroller of your choice.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes