Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
d_haas
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Acoustic Event Detector (AED) where can I get info as mentioned in the Smart Alarm System (SAS) application brief?  I am not interested in other parts of the SAS, just the AED.  Lot's of marketing hype but no actual hardware links.  Frustrating!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @d_haas ,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused ! As mentioned, it's because the details of SAS haven't been officially released to the public, we cannot really divulge that info but we can surely help you in using our microphones for your purpose ! And yes, you'd be able to use IM73A135V01 which has an analog differential interface or even if your microcontroller supports PDM interface then any of the PDM based microphones listed in https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/sensor/mems-microphones/mems-microphones-for-consumer/ would also suit your application. 

Best regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @d_haas ,

The detailed information on the SAS is still not open to the public. If you could provide details of the project or where you are possibly trying to use this system, we could check on how we can assist you better !

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
d_haas
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Please share with your marketing department how frustrating it is for them to publish application vaporware.  This makes me not want to be a Infineon customer.

I have an application where I would like to detect and count noise events in a battery powered application.  The AED teased in the SAS seemed like it might be what I was looking for.  I don't need to record the audio.  I simply want to have a microcontroller record an audio event that is above ambient audio level.  IM73A135V01 seems like it might be a good choice.  Is there any technical support from Infineon on this?

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @d_haas ,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused ! As mentioned, it's because the details of SAS haven't been officially released to the public, we cannot really divulge that info but we can surely help you in using our microphones for your purpose ! And yes, you'd be able to use IM73A135V01 which has an analog differential interface or even if your microcontroller supports PDM interface then any of the PDM based microphones listed in https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/sensor/mems-microphones/mems-microphones-for-consumer/ would also suit your application. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes