development with CY7C64315, not recognized in PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mikewax
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello i'm looking through the app note https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Component_SPI_V2.50-Software%20Module%20Datasheets-v02_05-EN....

and trying to make a project with the CY7C64315 chip, but Creator 4.4 doesn't support that chip. Does anyone know what tool i can use to configure the chip with SPI and a LVD interrupt routine?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @mikewax ,

You can use PSoC Designer to develop firmware for CY7C64315. This IDE is a very mature IDE, and is not recommended for new designs, since there are no maintenance upgrades. Unless you have a specific reason to use CY7C64315, I recommend you to consider PSoC4 family. Both PSoC Creator and ModusToolbox support PSoC4.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SampathS_11

Hello @mikewax ,

You can use PSoC Designer to develop firmware for CY7C64315. This IDE is a very mature IDE, and is not recommended for new designs, since there are no maintenance upgrades. Unless you have a specific reason to use CY7C64315, I recommend you to consider PSoC4 family. Both PSoC Creator and ModusToolbox support PSoC4.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

mikewax
Level 1
Level 1

thanx i do. it's the smallest chip i've ever found with hard USB, and it has interrupt on LVD. No other chip comes close to those qualifications. Do you know of any good programmers for it?

mike

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @mikewax ,

You can consider Xeltek and RPM Systems.

Best regards,

Sampath

mikewax
Level 1
Level 1

what about the MiniProg4 ?

0 Likes
SampathS_11

MiniProg and MinProg3 can program CY7C64315. MiniProg is not manufactured anymore, you will find it available for sale online very rarely. MiniProg4 does not support ISSP, which is the programming protocol for CY7C64315. The debugger for this device is also not manufactured anymore.

Best regards,

Sampath

mikewax
Level 1
Level 1

ok thanx i'll try that

0 Likes