XC886

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yangyong
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Jingchuan(GC)
5 comments on blog First comment on blog 50 questions asked

excuse me, xc886clm can replace xc886cm ? i don't need LIN.

the new chip xc886 fist download program is failed, which aspects do i find the problem? thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Only you are having this board available, so poster here like me only can give suggestions.

From the images, I can't see anything wrong.

However, the error message suggests the debug interface (UDAS) is not even recognized by the PC. I would check if the signals on the debug interface lines seem correct.

Perhaps the re-soldering has some issues (like shorts or dry solder joints), or the MCU became damaged. Have you tried another board or another MCU ?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
zzz_3221081
Level 5
Level 5
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 10 likes received

Comparing both MCUs on Infineon's product page, the only difference I see is a support of "Fast Flash programming" by the CLM, but not the CM.

With most modern IDEs,  changing the target MCU in an existing project does not really work. I would try to setup a a new project for the correct MCU variant. And if flashing fails again, post more details of this process, and error messages.

I don't use the XC886 myself, nor Dave. 

0 Likes
yangyong
Level 5
Level 5

on the same board, welding on XC886CM  ,I can download program.but welding on XC886CLM,   download program is failed.

the error message is as follows:

微信图片_20220127110029.jpg

0 Likes
zzz_3221081
Level 5
Level 5
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 10 likes received

> on the same board, welding on XC886CM  ,I can download program.but welding on XC886CLM,   download program is failed.

Are you sure the pinout is identical, and you can just drop in the CLM variant ?

It sounds like the replacment MCU pulls the whole board down, so that the debug interface doesn't work anymore. After verifying identical pinouts, I would check the supply voltages.

0 Likes
yangyong
Level 5
Level 5

Below is a description of the XC886/888CLM  chip.  you can see that XC886CM   and   XC886CLM  are the same.  the difference is only in LIN.  I  don't use LIN.

I recheck  the voltage of JTAG port ,welding two XC886CLM, still don't download program.

yoya_4785701_0-1644376965663.pngyoya_4785701_1-1644377151683.png

0 Likes

As the table 1-2 denotes, there are 10 different combinations of configuration and package type, including Flash size. Different flash sizes imply different addresses, meaning those are not directly compatible.

Not to mention, it contains both 5V and 3.3V types which are not directly compatible either.

0 Likes
yangyong
Level 5
Level 5

the chips i use are  SAK-XC886CLM-8FFA 5V AC and SAK-XC886CM-8FFA 5V AC.  so package,flash size, voltage are same.

yoya_4785701_1-1644399890922.png

yoya_4785701_2-1644399921391.png

0 Likes

Only you are having this board available, so poster here like me only can give suggestions.

From the images, I can't see anything wrong.

However, the error message suggests the debug interface (UDAS) is not even recognized by the PC. I would check if the signals on the debug interface lines seem correct.

Perhaps the re-soldering has some issues (like shorts or dry solder joints), or the MCU became damaged. Have you tried another board or another MCU ?

0 Likes