XC800 ROM code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

As a follow up on the previous post:

Can sombody provide me with the ROM code, or the the usefull subroutines (and parameters)
in this code?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Juergen
Employee
Employee
Hi Marc,
Which device are you interested in? The ROM code varies depending on which device you want to use.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Juergen,

We are using the SAK XC888CM-8FFA 5V step AC

Regards
0 Likes
Juergen
Employee
Employee
There are a number of routines in ROM, of which only few are user accessible. These are found in each device's user manual. For XC888, as far as I know, only the flash programming routines are accessible. Info can be found in the manual in section 4.7 In-System Programming.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello,

The ROM is also filled with routines written by KEIL. They allow math operations.
Helas, they are not documented in the XC888_UM. Some surfing around on the Keil site gives more information...

This is not the case for the hardware debug features of the chip.

The same implies for some hardware features that are not documented by Infineon (e.a how code can be made deterministic. The subroutines are ducumented, but not how this is done in hardware (SFR's)).

I can't ceep from wondering what would happen if faulty code would activate the BSL erase feature by accident. Even the watchdog can not reboot a system that has been erased. And Murphy in mind, what can happen, will happen (my students have enjoyed accidental locking of the device).

They should have incorporated a hardware protection of the flash, or disable the boot ROM in run mode.

I'm using Siemens/Infineon microcontrollers for decades (80c537, 80c517, c517A, C167). The documentation of these chips was more complete, and readable. The current documentation lacks clarity.
0 Likes