Unable to connect FM4 S6E2CC ETH with keil

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
meghna
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

The arm website has no support for S6E2CC ETH. Where can I get the drivers|?

Screenshot 2023-01-30 124638.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

First, I have not much experience with the latest versions of uVision.
My company used several other toolchain, but not Keil.

But I think you got two things wrong here.

First, the sceenshot image shows the package manager. This is a tool to install support packages for MCUs and boards, examples, and middleware like protocol stacks. Software sources and descriptions, in other words.

Second, the meaning of  "FM4 S6E2CC ETH". This is a term describing a evaluation board that comes with ethernet hardware, thus the "ETH". Here a link to one distributor : https://www.digikey.at/de/products/detail/cypress-semiconductor-corp/FM4-176L-S6E2CC-ETH/5761507
I hope you noticed the board is already obsolete (no more produced & sold).
The MCU itself is a S6E2CC.
To choose support packages, you might need to start with this label, or the manufacturer.
For the latter, probably Cypress.
But as mentioned, I am not familiar with Keil uVision.
By the way, Keil used to have a quite good and well-frequented forum on their own.
I would also check out tutorials (documents or videos) for both the board, and uVision usage.
Things can be a bit overwhelming in the beginning, best start with small steps and known working examples.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
zzz_3221081
Level 5
Level 5
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 10 likes received

What drivers ?

You need OS drivers for the debug adapter, like a Segger J-Link.
For specific processors under uVision, you need the respective support package (S6E2CC) that defines specifics like memory/Flash sizes and setup. And uVision supports many eval boards with specific BSPs, including several examples.
Check out the "Boards" tab (as shown in your screenshot).

0 Likes

Hi,

I am new to this. But the devices doesn't have ETH device and boards tab is empty. Can you please suggest what am I missing here?Screenshot 2023-01-30 182218.png

0 Likes

First, I have not much experience with the latest versions of uVision.
My company used several other toolchain, but not Keil.

But I think you got two things wrong here.

First, the sceenshot image shows the package manager. This is a tool to install support packages for MCUs and boards, examples, and middleware like protocol stacks. Software sources and descriptions, in other words.

Second, the meaning of  "FM4 S6E2CC ETH". This is a term describing a evaluation board that comes with ethernet hardware, thus the "ETH". Here a link to one distributor : https://www.digikey.at/de/products/detail/cypress-semiconductor-corp/FM4-176L-S6E2CC-ETH/5761507
I hope you noticed the board is already obsolete (no more produced & sold).
The MCU itself is a S6E2CC.
To choose support packages, you might need to start with this label, or the manufacturer.
For the latter, probably Cypress.
But as mentioned, I am not familiar with Keil uVision.
By the way, Keil used to have a quite good and well-frequented forum on their own.
I would also check out tutorials (documents or videos) for both the board, and uVision usage.
Things can be a bit overwhelming in the beginning, best start with small steps and known working examples.