UART communication with Easy Kit (XC2765)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello.
I try connect PC with
I'm trying to connect a computer to Easy Kit XC2765x through on-board FTDI2232. Nothing happens.
Maybe I'm wrong to choose the serial port (the kit documentation " ASC0 as serial connection via USB"- what does this mean?) What pins and USIC/channel I must choise ?
Where can I download the sample program "Hello world" with the source for EasyKit?
Thanks.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Not applicable
Hi ArtemGromak,

Did you install DAS server?
You need to install DAS in order to work properly.
You can download the latest DAS at http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/das/index.html

For the example project, you should be able to find some example project in the starter kit cd.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Jackson wrote:

Did you install DAS server?

Yes, DAS is installed.

Jackson wrote:

You need to install DAS in order to work properly.

I reinstall DAS and now I see serial port as "Infineon XC166E/XC2000 USB COM Port".

Jackson wrote:

For the example project, you should be able to find some example project in the starter kit cd.

These examples under another board. I need an example for xc2765x(KIT_XC2765X_SK).
Do I understand correctly that
1. UART can be connected to P2.3 P2.4
2. I need to choose USIC0/CH0
3. No other ports do not need to configure
?
Thanks.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi ArtemGromak,

For your question:
1) The transmit & receive pin could be either P2.3 & P2.4 or P7.3 & P7.4 based on the schematic (I don't have the particular kit (KIT_XC2765X_SK) with me, so cant test it out)
2) Yes, you need to setup USIC0/CH0
3) Yes, you don't need to setup other port anymore if you only using UART communication
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
Jackson wrote:

1) The transmit & receive pin could be either P2.3 & P2.4 or P7.3 & P7.4 based on the schematic (I don't have the particular kit (KIT_XC2765X_SK) with me, so cant test it out)
2) Yes, you need to setup USIC0/CH0
3) Yes, you don't need to setup other port anymore if you only using UART communication

I tried all these configurations. I see in terminal 0x00 when programm send '1'
What may be wrong?
This is my project:
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi ArtemGromak,

I have a V3.1 easykit board with XE167FM mounted on it..
I tried with your code and it works well, I can received the '1' continuously..
So I guess your problem might be the connection problems of the communication interface.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Jackson wrote:

I have a V3.1 easykit board with XE167FM mounted on it..
I tried with your code and it works well, I can received the '1' continuously..

Thank you. it's good.

Jackson wrote:
So I guess your problem might be the connection problems of the communication interface.

Maybe the problem is the ftdi driver? I use USB for debugging. it works good. But USB-Comport not working...
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi ArtemGromak,

Can you check if the UART pin you used has a connection to the FTDI chip?
I remember only certain pins is connected to the FTDI chip.
0 Likes