Traveo s6j334 full erase

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gotze
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

i need to do full erase on S6J334EJEE but i can see such chip in the serial flash prgrammer found here -> https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/flash-programmer-traveo-family?source=sea...

Is there  a newer version or other supported tool that is able to full chip erase in case of secured chip or wrong config (debug wait time disabled so no possible to break and erase it)

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi ,

The link you mentioned already provide the Serial Programmer supporting S6J33xE devices. Can you tell what the problem is? There are two options to erase-

i) Download and then Erase- this is applicable if your device security not enabled, or there is only flash security.

ii) Full chip erase- this is applicable if the device security is enabled.

But make sure MK_CEER (add: 0x019F0010) is default value (oxFFFFFFFF), so that chip erase is supported- else it won't support without authentication.

Ashish_1-1644644112564.png

Ashish_0-1644643901221.png

The details are mentioned in the user manual attached with this software. Note that for serial programmer to work- you need to have the UART or RS232 connection (it does not work via debugger like jtag) , and the Mode pin should be Low (set to 0v i.e. Non-User mode). Also refer chapter 24 "Security" of Platform HW Manual 002-07884 for details on various security markers.

Regards,

Ashish

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi ,

The link you mentioned already provide the Serial Programmer supporting S6J33xE devices. Can you tell what the problem is? There are two options to erase-

i) Download and then Erase- this is applicable if your device security not enabled, or there is only flash security.

ii) Full chip erase- this is applicable if the device security is enabled.

But make sure MK_CEER (add: 0x019F0010) is default value (oxFFFFFFFF), so that chip erase is supported- else it won't support without authentication.

Ashish_1-1644644112564.png

Ashish_0-1644643901221.png

The details are mentioned in the user manual attached with this software. Note that for serial programmer to work- you need to have the UART or RS232 connection (it does not work via debugger like jtag) , and the Mode pin should be Low (set to 0v i.e. Non-User mode). Also refer chapter 24 "Security" of Platform HW Manual 002-07884 for details on various security markers.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes