TC1796 bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mmfix
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First solution authored

Hello, 

I have question i have a automotive board that  has bad Infineon TC1796 , my question is is it possible to read the whole entire chip or at least the boot loader and to be write in other working TC1796 and eventually the server to upgrade the firmware to up to the date. because after replacement IC the server can no recognize. What kind of device Programmer  i need to have in order to read/ write the bootloader - firmware. Thank you for any info you give me!

0 Likes
6 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi,

if I understand that right, you have replaced a broken TC1796  and want to mirror the whole memory into a new chip because you have no  source code or binaries available.

That is quit difficult. If the broken TC is still reachable you could try to down- and reload everything.
Due to companies usually protect their devices from external access, only those manufacturers would be able to do it.

I assume you are not the manufacturer.?

Best regards,

TBencher 

TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Sorry, you have the binaries on the server.... Maybe there is an identification routine necessary, before you can update it. But if you are the manufacturer, that should be not the problem.

Best regards,

TBencher

mmfix
Level 1
Level 1

0 Likes
mmfix
Level 1
Level 1

I just need the very beginning part of the IC that is the initialized (bootloader)  then the server will recognized and upgrade the Chip with necessary firmware. 

Thank you ! 

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Ok understand. Could you ask the manufacturer to provide the information you need? As I mentioned, the manufacturer normally protect its devices. One of the reason is probably warranty.

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
mmfix
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you i will try to contact continental. 

0 Likes