Replacement for CY8C26443-24PI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Prati_12
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi, I'm using CY8C27443-24SXI as a replacement for the old CY8C26443-24PI microcontroller. I have used a adapter for the dip to soc pins and using the same software as the previous microcontroller but the replacement does not seem to work. I have checked electrical connections(no shorts) and the MCU is receiving 5V but there is no output, it's showing a 0V (usually it should be 4V). Is there anything I could try to make the replacement work with the same software or any debugging ideas? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @Prati_12 ,

Even though the two devices have the same pinout, internally there are many differences between them that the same hex files will not work. You may have to make changes to the source files also. Whether the changes will be few or substantial, depends on the original project.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SampathS_11

Hello @Prati_12 ,

You will need to rebuild the project using PSoC Designer and then program CY8C27443-24SXI with the new hex file. Kindly be aware that PSoC Designer is not supported any more, hence I request you to kindly consider PSoC4 for your new applications.

Thanks, and regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

Thank you, for rebuilding the project does it mean I need to re-write the software that was on the MCU? As the software files are not well documented, or may not be available for me to open, is there any other way I can debug or use so it works with a few changes? The best would be if I can upload the same software on the replacement. I was thinking even though the replacement is the same pin out and says compatible, why it hasn't worked? Thanks

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @Prati_12 ,

Even though the two devices have the same pinout, internally there are many differences between them that the same hex files will not work. You may have to make changes to the source files also. Whether the changes will be few or substantial, depends on the original project.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj 

Thank you, I will try downloading the psoc4 development env. and update if I come across any issues. Thanks again.

0 Likes