Flash controller specification for S6E2C

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pemic_632601
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a flash controller specification for S6E2C devices. I only found "FM4 Family Flash Programming Manual" which I understand that describes programming via RS232 and registers of a flash controller. But from this I do not understand how to write the flash memory via SWD, because it does not describe the flash controller itself and how to write the memory except for the RS232 commands.

Do I understand well that when the MCU is secured, the SWD interface is disabled and the access to the MCU memory can be again enabled via RS232 only?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Programming algorithm details is provided under NDA only. Please contact your local Sales/FAE for support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Please use following link for S6E2CC flash programming manual: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/programming-specifications/s6e2ccc5c4c3c2c1-series-32-bit-micro...

Onc flash security is enabled, user cannot use the JTAG interface.

0 Likes

Well, this is the manual I have, but it does not describe the flash controller as I wrote before.

0 Likes

To answer your query on flash security - only Cypress Serial Programmer / FLASH USB DIRECT Programmer can disable flash security. Let me know if it answers your query. If not, could you please elaborate your application?

0 Likes

We were requesed to implement support of this device for one device programmer of us.

I understand that I cannot program it via JTAG/SWD like other Cortex devices, because when locked, I will not be able to unlock it. But the document you provided does not even decribe the programming algorithm via RS232.

0 Likes

Programming algorithm details is provided under NDA only. Please contact your local Sales/FAE for support.

0 Likes