FM0 MFS UART FIFO Function Always Returns 0xFF

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am using a FM0+ is a design and am trying to communicate with the FM0+ from another micro using a UART. The problem I am having is the FIFO accessor functions (Mfs_Uart_GetFifoCount() and the like) are always returning 0xFF. I don't understand this behavior as nothing should be in the Fifo and I have verified there is not activity on the serial receive line.

Could you take a look at the attached project and let me know if I am doing something incorrectly? Like setting up the UART incorrectly, etc? It is strange behavior that I don't understand.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

MFS channel 0,1 and 3 are without FIFO. Instead, please use channel 4,6 or 7 which has FIFO.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

MFS channel 0,1 and 3 are without FIFO. Instead, please use channel 4,6 or 7 which has FIFO.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Geon. This leads me to the next question: how does one select the MFS channel? I don’t see this as a selection in the component configuration? Is there an API call, or do you have to add a bunch of unused MFS component to the top design to get up to channel 4?

0 Likes