Does the FM4 S6E2CC Require additional downloads to the PDL for examples?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to the FM4. I'm beginning with the FM4-176L-S6E2CC-ETH kit (primarily for the stereo CODEC, and Ethernet). I've installed Keil tools, the PDL version 2.1.0, and the serial port viewer. I'm experience with the CORTEX M4 (Tiva) and seeking examples for the S6E2CC. The examples directory of the 2.1.0 PDL install only contain examples for the sk_s6e1b8 and the sk_s6e2pg. This implies that there may be more examples that need to be downloaded? The Quick Start Guide for this kit indicates there are Software Labs, and I did find a file ("sk-fm4-176l-s6e2cca_cd.zip") that appears to be out-of-date. So, anyone that can point me in the right direction has my gratitude.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Hi Dave,

PDL has dedicated device header file and startup code for each device package, you have to create the project/port it for your device ,Section 4 in the PDL quick start guide mentions this.

Ethernet examples can be downloaded from here:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/demonstrate-lwip-fm4-sk-fm4-176l-s6e2cc?so...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Hi Dave,

PDL has dedicated device header file and startup code for each device package, you have to create the project/port it for your device ,Section 4 in the PDL quick start guide mentions this.

Ethernet examples can be downloaded from here:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/demonstrate-lwip-fm4-sk-fm4-176l-s6e2cc?so...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I appreciate the response. I'd like to add to this post, for others that may be starting with the FM4, and especially those that are interested in learning more about the DSP aspects of the device, that I entered the FM4 world beginning with a class offered at UCCU by Dr. Mark Wickert, ECE5655 Real-Time DSP​ . Dr. Wickert uses the FM4 kit (the one I was seeking examples for). After weeding through a few of Dr. Wickerts' lectures in this class and a few others (I sure wish I was able to attend his classes) I was able to put together a project using CrossWorks for ARM - C/C++ Compiler for ARM and Cortex Microcontrollers​. I did this by importing Dr. Wickert's Keil project and making a few changes. Now, I would have loved to use Keils' tool, and even pay to get the full memory of the FM4, but the prices are beyond reasonable for a hobbyist, hence Crossworks which is very fair and a high quality tool. So, the reason I bring this up is I think the FM4 is fantastic, and there are are other's that probably want a more reasonably priced solution yet it is not mentioned in any of Spansion/Cypress documentation. Furthermore, the acquisition of Spansion by Cypress has really eroded the available library of reference material that I could find. So, I don't want to bad mouth Cypress, they are a fine company. I do want to encourage others to not give up an forge ahead, perhaps with another path as I did.

I appreciate your time if you have read this far.

Dave

0 Likes