Cypress CY7C64013-PC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
garryniedzielsk
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Sir,

I have some Microcontrollers Cypress CY7C64013-PC  ( 28 pin Dip) to program and I have searched for a low cost programmer to do the job. Could you suggest a hardware device that I could use to program this IC.

Best regards,

Garry

PS: I realize it is a discontinued model.

0 Likes
8 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

CY3654-P03 was used before for programming. Do you have this kit?

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Dear Mallika,

I have the equipment to do all of this except for a matrix card for the HiLo programmer (which I can probably reconstruct using photos,  and a related card). Please get in touch. I'll do everything you need with respect to this part. No cost. I live in the UK and very happy to help.

I even have the emulator, etc.

0 Likes
garryniedzielsk
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the information. I do not have this kit. I gather it must be very expensive. I run a small shop and I only need to program 25 chips.

Regards,

Garry

0 Likes
mikewax
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello garryniedzielsk,
just found your post and i'm wondering if you ever found a solution for programming the CY7C64013. Also, can you tell me what software you used to configure the code for it?
This is a big deal to my company because we're trying to write code and program the CY7C64315. We'd be willing to put some money into it if i could find a solution.

thanx, mike
CTO, EVA Eco Systems, Inc.

0 Likes
garryniedzielsk
Level 1
Level 1

Presently I am look for some more CY7C64013-PC Ic's, If you have a source please let me know. I programed my 25pcs with a BP Microsystems BP-1400 Universal Device Programmer. There are mode modern models and the older BP micro. Sys. can be found on Ebay.

As far as writing the code I can't help you with that. My files were already pre-made.

Regards,

Garry

WOW that's way beyond my budget. I'll have to make up my own board to program them. Do you know any details, like what software and interface you connected to?
As for the 64013, did you check on octopart? Looks like they're pretty plentiful in the 28DIP package. https://octopart.com/search?q=cy7c64013&currency=USD&specs=0

0 Likes
garryniedzielsk
Level 1
Level 1

I have looked around with many Asian suppliers, The problem is the rediculious price they are asking.

The BP Microsystems BP-1400 Universal Device Programmer I purchased was under $200. The software I used was a windows & 32 bit package free from Bp Micro Systems. I would attach it here but It is too big a file.

Here is a mirror of there software, install a copy and take a look at the device list. Its free

http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/BP-mirror/ftp.bpmicro.com/Dnload/

0 Likes

yeah i see what you mean. Looks like the best price is $3.40.
i've seen recently that some chips that i needed had almost tripled in price.  I know what it's like to look around forever and find plenty of parts that **bleep** near fit the bill, but still no cigar.
And it looks like this BPWin doesn't work on the 64315, even if i had a programmer. But i still might find a way if i can find the right documents.
So close and yet so far....

0 Likes