Code protection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I am working with the XC164 family. Is there any mean to protect the code in flash from reading ? If not, is there any µC which can protect flash code ?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Markus_Kroh
Employee
Employee
Hi sfl, MPU is available in the XE166/XC2000, in the TriCore and the XMC family
0 Likes
Not applicable
sfl wrote:
I am working with the XC164 family. Is there any mean to protect the code in flash from reading ? If not, is there any µC which can protect flash code ?

Go to the eg. XC164CM product page on the Infineon Homepage.
From "Documents" select XC164CM User's Manual System Units, Vol. 1 of 2 (xc164_um_v1.2_2006_03_sys.pdf).

Go to chapter "3.8 The On-Chip Program Flash Module" and read section "3.8.4 Protection and Security Features".

I guess that's what you were really looking for.
0 Likes
Not applicable
According the document :
"All protection feature control (install, disable, re-enable) is accomplished through
command sequences similar to the program/erase sequences (see Table 3-5)."

Today, program/erase sequence are done with Keil software. How can I do protection command ? Do I have to develop a specific software ?

Thanks for your answer.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi sfl,

You can use Infineon Memtool to do the protection for your device.
The software can be downloaded from here.
0 Likes
Not applicable
I do believe you may have to ways to enable protection :

- The simple way is to enable protection with Memtool and a tool such as MiniWiggler.
- You can also enable/disable protection by software, but this would require a little bit more effort, and good knowledge of the internal flash driver.
0 Likes