Can we use gcc compiler to build Software for XE167F-96F in place of c166

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vishal854
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I want to develop an SW for XE167F-96F device, but as I can c it uses the Keil c166 compiler. Can I also use GCC compiler to build the SW or can I port the SW so that it can be built using GCC compiler?

Thanks,

Vishal

0 Likes
1 Solution
zzz_3221081
Level 5
Level 5
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 10 likes received

My company uses an ECU based on a XE22xx controller, which is basically an extension of the C166.

We use Tasking VX, albeit I am not sure if that would be an improvement to Keil's toolchain, both in regard to costs and code quality.

Not sure about free gcc compilers. An equally important point is a toolchain that supports your debug pod, both for programming and debugging. The XE22xx debug interface is not JTAG, I suppose XC166 is the same.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
zzz_3221081
Level 5
Level 5
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 10 likes received

My company uses an ECU based on a XE22xx controller, which is basically an extension of the C166.

We use Tasking VX, albeit I am not sure if that would be an improvement to Keil's toolchain, both in regard to costs and code quality.

Not sure about free gcc compilers. An equally important point is a toolchain that supports your debug pod, both for programming and debugging. The XE22xx debug interface is not JTAG, I suppose XC166 is the same.

0 Likes