About MB96F6B5R : Vector table location change

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Dears.

Now my customer is using MB96F6B5A/R to implement HVAC.

By default, vector table is located in the address from 0xFFFC00 to 0xFFFFFF.

We are wondering that is possible to change vector table address because we want to put digital signature value in the area of 0xFFFC00 ~ 0xFFFFFF. 

If yes, could you tell us how to relocate vector table address ?

Thanks and best regards,

Kevin Han.

0 Likes
1 Solution
zzz_3221081
Level 5
Level 5
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 10 likes received

I don't know the F6B variant, but deal with other 16FX controllers at the moment.

I assume all variants have a table base register (TBR) which one can set from user code. The hardware reference manual for my variant (MB96F3xx/CY963xx) says:

The area of the vector table can be changed by the user program in the table base register (TBR). It can be located either in the RAM, ROM or external area. This area is located at 1 kByte starting at the address defined by the TBR. The address of the vector table area is
VECSTART = TBR * 100H up to
VECEND = TBR * 100H + 3FFH.
The address of the vector table area is FF:FC00H to FF:FFFFH by default.

I would recommend to consult the hardware manual for details.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
zzz_3221081
Level 5
Level 5
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 10 likes received

I don't know the F6B variant, but deal with other 16FX controllers at the moment.

I assume all variants have a table base register (TBR) which one can set from user code. The hardware reference manual for my variant (MB96F3xx/CY963xx) says:

The area of the vector table can be changed by the user program in the table base register (TBR). It can be located either in the RAM, ROM or external area. This area is located at 1 kByte starting at the address defined by the TBR. The address of the vector table area is
VECSTART = TBR * 100H up to
VECEND = TBR * 100H + 3FFH.
The address of the vector table area is FF:FC00H to FF:FFFFH by default.

I would recommend to consult the hardware manual for details.

0 Likes
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello 

I appreciate your kindly  comments. 

Thanks and best regards, 

Kevin Han. 

0 Likes