TLE7242 Vbat

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Walk49W
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

Is there an upper limit for the supply voltage in the constant current output mode of TLE7242? When my external load resistance changes, if the supply voltage exceeds the load resistance value multiplied by the maximum current output range, the output current cannot be accurately maintained at my set output current. For example, when the external load is 10Ω and the output current is set to 1000mA, if the supply voltage is less than 20V, the output current can always maintain 1000mA. When the supply voltage is greater than 20V, the output current will gradually start from 1000mA as the supply voltage increases. During this period, even if the output current value in the circuit is less than the maximum range, the feedback current value of TLE7242 is still 1000mA.

The maximum current output range is 2000mA when all 11 bits of setpoint are 1 and Rsense is 0.16Ω,the external load resistance is 10Ω.

When I assign a value of 1024 to setpoint,TLE7242 should maintain an output current of 1000mA,But it can be stabilized at 980mA when it is below 20V, and it will gradually increase when it is above 20V. When the supply voltage is 29V, the output current becomes 1300mA.

When I change the load resistance, the maximum supply voltage when the TL7242 can stably regulate the output current will also change.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon community. 

I understand that the output sensed is not accurate above the set limit. 

Can you please share you complete circuit for more understanding. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon community. 

I understand that the output sensed is not accurate above the set limit. 

Can you please share you complete circuit for more understanding. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes