Using ICB2FL03G as a ballast controller and dimming a 500W UV lamp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KamiZ
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

I am trying to replace the obsolete ballast controller IR21592IC and UCC2818 (PFC IC) with ICB2FL03G to turn ON and dim a 500W UV lamp. Using mains power, I am using UCC2818A IC to implement PFC boost converter and storing the voltage in a 220uF/450V electrolytic capacitor. Then I am using a half bridge circuit and UBA2014 to drive it and using a series resonant network, turn on a 500W ballast lamp (C3500).

I am looking for a reference design for this application which required dimming the lamp. we have a production quantity of more than 10000 boards per year.

This is critical and I don't have much time to make this work, any help is truly appreciated.

Thanks, Kamal

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Kamal,

Please refer to the attached document for reference designs of a dimmable fluoroscent lamps.
The reference design is by using a ICBFL02G IC, but same can be ported to ICBFL03G as well.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AliAsgar

Hi Kamal,

I am discussing internally to check if we can get the reference design.

Meanwhile you can start working with the ICBFL03G Ballast IC. This IC has an integrated PFC and Half Bridge Stage. It has dimming capabilities as well.

You will find application notes and more details on the IC from this product page:
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/lighting-ics/fluorescent-ballast-ics/.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AliAsgar

Hi Kamal,

Please refer to the attached document for reference designs of a dimmable fluoroscent lamps.
The reference design is by using a ICBFL02G IC, but same can be ported to ICBFL03G as well.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

KamiZ
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hi Aliasghar,

Thank you for your detailed answer and sorry for my late response. I will use the provided application note and let you if it works.

Best regards,

Kami

0 Likes