TLD6098 Switching Frequency at 90KHz

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NABICHAN
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hi,

This is regarding TLD6098 Boost Controller, we want to switch at the frequency of 90KHz. However, datasheet says 100KHz to 500KHz. Is there an issue if we want the switching frequency to 90KHz and set FREQ pin according via AURIX Micro controller.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hi @NABICHAN 

Thanks for posting on the Infineon Developer community.

The switching frequency for the TLD6098 can be adjusted in two ways as mentioned below

1.By placing a Resistor between the FREQ/SYNC/SPREAD pin to ground.

2.By providing a digital clock to this pin directly.

When a digital clock is providely to the pin, the device will operate in two frequency modes i.e. low frequency synchronization mode & High frequency synchronization mode.
As mentioned in the data sheet, the frequency range in low frequency synchronization mode is 100KHz to 500KHz.

Therefore, the controller will not recognise a clock pulse provided to the TLD6098's FREQ/SYNC/SPREAD pin at 90 KHz as a valid clock, and the output specifiction will not be as expected.

For more details on switching frequency of the device, please refer to the chapter-6 of the datasheet.

I hope the information will be  useful for you.

Feel free to contact us in case of any further clarifications.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hi @NABICHAN 

Thanks for posting on the Infineon Developer community.

The switching frequency for the TLD6098 can be adjusted in two ways as mentioned below

1.By placing a Resistor between the FREQ/SYNC/SPREAD pin to ground.

2.By providing a digital clock to this pin directly.

When a digital clock is providely to the pin, the device will operate in two frequency modes i.e. low frequency synchronization mode & High frequency synchronization mode.
As mentioned in the data sheet, the frequency range in low frequency synchronization mode is 100KHz to 500KHz.

Therefore, the controller will not recognise a clock pulse provided to the TLD6098's FREQ/SYNC/SPREAD pin at 90 KHz as a valid clock, and the output specifiction will not be as expected.

For more details on switching frequency of the device, please refer to the chapter-6 of the datasheet.

I hope the information will be  useful for you.

Feel free to contact us in case of any further clarifications.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes