Problems connecting uIO board to TLD5542-1HIPOW_EVAL in Infineon Toolbox (Config Wizard for LED)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
johnscott4
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I'm evaluating a LED driver solution for a client and have been trying for some time now in vein to get my TLD5542-1HIPOW_EVAL board talking to the config wizard via the uIO board. The stick shows up in device manager as "HID-Compliant-Vendor-Defined-Device" but the Config Wizzard just will not recognise it saying no device connected. Is there anything I'm missing or I can do otherwise to debug the issue? I'm well stuck.

I've just been following the guide for the eval board here:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLD5542-1HIPOW_EVAL-UserManual-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4627...

By the way I had another problem which is that config wizard is not available on the Mac version of Infineon Toolbox however this is not documented anywhere and took me some time to figure out. Just thought I'd offer this as feedback.

Thanks for your time.

John.

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnscott4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I ended up resolving the issue. It seems like the firmware on the uIO interface (purchased from mouser a few weeks ago). I updated it and now it works.

Perhaps the software could make this a bit more clear. I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your help.

John.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi John,

We have taken note of the unavailability of the Config Wizard for MacOS. 

Could you share with us the photo of the interface between the TLD5542-1HIPOW_EVAL board and the uIO stick?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
johnscott4
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply. Attached are images of the GUI as well as the boards.

Image from iOS (5).jpgImage from iOS (4).jpgImage from iOS (4).jpg

0 Likes
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

Could you try connecting the uIO board directly to the PC, without the hub in between and check if the issue persists?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
johnscott4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I ended up resolving the issue. It seems like the firmware on the uIO interface (purchased from mouser a few weeks ago). I updated it and now it works.

Perhaps the software could make this a bit more clear. I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your help.

John.

0 Likes

Hi John

Many thanks for the precious feedbacks

good to hear that you fixed, but sorry that it took energy and time.

Hope that the generic error message in the toolbox can suggest to update the uIO firmware  in the next toolbox version

0 Likes