Need Excel based design tool for XDPL8210 IC and Facing issue while parameter setting for XDPL8210 IC in .dp Gen 2 interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
radhamohan605
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi, I am currently working on XDPL8210 IC and facing some issues while parameter setting in dp Vision Gen2 GUI interface.

First of all, i have an excel design tool for XDPL8210 IC but it is password protected and i am not able to change or update as per my design requirements and then i just somehow managed to unlock this tool and used this to calculate parameters as per my design requirements. 

Secondly, CSV file for XDPL8210 is downloaded from site and when i tried to enter parameters as per my design in the CSV file, it showed errors and warnings even if all the entered parameters are in specified range as per tool.

It may be possible that CSV file is corrupted.

Please share Actual Excel based design tool for XDPL8210 IC and CSV file for XDPL8210 as i am not able to find it on site.

Please help in this matter.

Thanks.

0 Likes
15 Replies
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @radhamohan605 ,

You can find the Excel Design calculator of XDPL8210 IC under the help section of the .dp vision app.Please follow the below mentioned steps to get it

1. Install the .dp Vision

2.Open the .dp Vision app by clicking the shortcut on the desktop.

3. Navigate to the help tab 

4. Under help section tab ,Go to the"Show Project document".

5.Under XDPL8210 folder, you can find the design tool.

To get the CSV file for XDPL8210 ,you can download and install  the REF-XDPL8210-U35W dpVision folder setup from the mentioned link. 

Or, you can get it using the below mentioned path

C:\Users\\Infineon Technologies AG\.dp vision\Parameters

Feel free to contact us in case of any further clarifications.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have now Excel Based Design tool for XDPL8210. But, my 2nd problem is not getting resolved after so many trials.

I have attached an excel sheet in which you can see screenshots of errors that are generated during parameter setting in CSV file. Once an error is generated, then this error is not getting resolved/removed even after putting right value for that parameter (between MIN & MAX value). Due to these errors i am not able to save the CSV file and not able to program the IC.

I also have tried to resolve one error at a time but still getting same type of errors in the end.

I have also worked on XDPL8105 IC and no such issue faced during CSV parameter setting in XDPL8105 and it worked fine.

Please go through the excel sheet attached and please help in this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Kanahaiya_K

Hi @radhamohan605 ,

I can observe from the error message that the value entered in the tool is outside of the recommended limit. Please make sure the value entered is within the allowed range. Use the same.csv file as was recommended above (as I can see that the file name is different in your error message).

Before setting up the new design parameters,please restart the device as per the process suggested in the  section 4.1.1 of the manual .

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes
radhamohan605
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for your support.

I have selected the same CSV file that you suggested and followed same step while programming. FYI, First i designed 120W/140V/0.75A driver. Using Excel tool first calculated and set all the parameters and then same parameters passed into the CSV file and for this 120W design, CSV file showed NO ERROR and saved without any issue.

But when designed for 150W/0.75A driver, numerous errors occurs in the CSV file as shown in attachment. Please go through the attachment once again, one parameter "Vout_uv" occurs most of the times and this is the parameter whose value is not even shown in the CSV file. I believe that this parameter is calculated in the background and only pop-up when some of other parameters were out of range and sometimes error related to this parameter also pop-up even when all the other parameters are in range.

My issue can also be resolved if somehow i know which other parameters affect/control the value of this parameter "Vout_uv".

Please help in this regard. If possible for you, i can share my driver specification and you can try to make a CSV file for the same design. This will help me a lot if you can try it yourself on the dp Vision software.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Kanahaiya_K

Hello @radhamohan605 ,

A kind request to share the mentioned details to proceed ahead

1. Driver specifications
2. 120 watt CSV file

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes
radhamohan605
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

PFA CSV files and calculations of Excel tools for your reference.

As i told earlier that when i designed 120W on XDPL8210 IC, no issue faced during parameter setting. 

But, when designed for 150W-170W on XDPL8210, series of errors generated as mentioned in the earlier post and main issue arises due to "Vout_UV" parameter which i am not able to find in the CSV file and nor i understand what other parameters affect this particular parameter and how to resolve error of this parameter.

120W Driver Specs : 110V-160V/0.75A with Transformer PQ3225, 300uH (Np:Ns:Na1:Na2 :::: 36 : 44 : 7 : 7)

150W-170W Driver Specs : 180V-240/0.75A with Transformer PQ4025, 180uH (Np:Ns:Na1:Na2 :::: 26 : 36 : 3 : 3)

You can find the attached Excel tool and CSV file of individual design in the ZIP file as Macro enabled Excel is not uploading here.

These data mentioned in Excel tool and CSV file are just for making 1st prototype and when 1st driver turns ON as per CSV file then i may tune the driver further and for that CSV file should be free of errors. 

Thanks

0 Likes
radhamohan605
Level 2
Level 2

Hello @Kanahaiya_K 

Sorry to bother you again. Its been 5-6 days since your  last reply.

Have you checked the attached Excel tools and CSV files at your end?

Did you faced same kind of issue during CSV parameter setting?

Please provide any solution to this problem.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Kanahaiya_K

Hello @radhamohan605 ,

Sorry for the late response .

"Vout_uv" is the parameter which is defined for output under voltage protection. If the output voltage is going too low than the threshold due to any short or low LED voltage then the protection will be triggered.

VoutUV is set to 50% of the configurable Vout,dim,min parameter by default.The fully dimmed minimum output LED voltage is denoted by Vout,dim,min.

For more details regarding the Vout_uv ,please refer to the section 3.8.2 of the datasheet.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes

I have read the datasheet thoroughly for this particular issue and i know that Vout_UV is set to 50% of Vout_dim_min by default. But i do not understand that when Vout_dim_min parameter is set around 130V-150V in the CSV file then Vout_UV should be around half of it and still it shows the error that Vout_UV parameter is below Min. value of 6. 

I have done many iterations on this and this problem is only solved when i change the ratio of ZCD resistor and make the Rzcd_2 resistor bigger and then lower down the Vout_OV level. But for this i have to change my driver specifications which is not flexible for me right now.

Have you tried to set a CSV file on your own as per my driver specifications? Did you faced any challenges while setting CSV file as per my specifications.?

On the second thought,  i think that this XDPL8210 IC is limited to a particular Vout level. I mean if i wants to design a driver with Vout=220V-230V , the system will show me an error and it will only work when Vout is less than 200V.

Please try at your end also. May be you can provide any solution on this. Otherwise i am stuck on this IC right now and not able to finish my project.

0 Likes
radhamohan605
Level 2
Level 2

Hello @Kanahaiya_K 

Any update regarding the issue that i am facing on XDPL8210 during parameter setting.?

0 Likes
Kanahaiya_K

Hello @radhamohan605 ,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Please use the attached .csv file for the parameter setting and let us know in case of any difficulty/error.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes

Hello @Kanahaiya_K 

Thanks for response.

I have tried to set as per attached CSV file and still not bale to properly set the parameters.Same issue is still present. Whatever i try, Vout_OV can't be set above 220V and if any other parameter is changed then Vout_UV error is showed.

Still, I have managed to save a CSV file but again Vout_OV is only around 220V and not able to set it further more.

I am also trying to make a different driver with different parameters (90V-108V/1.5A) with XDPL8210 IC as with High Vout CSV file is generating issues.

In this design, I was able to set the CSV file with NO ISSUE and all parameters set as per the Calculation Design Tool. But i am facing some initial issues while primary testing.

Transformer data : PQ4025, Lp-180uH (Np:Ns:Na1:Na2 :::: 24 : 36 : 5 : 5)

All parameters in CSV file is set as per calculation tool and when first time driver is turned ON , Iout-1.15A is observed instead of 1.5A. What can be changed in CSV to correct this.?

Further, ITHD% is more than 10% and how to correct this.?

With Regards 

0 Likes

Hello @radhamohan605 ,
Please find the attached .csv file for parameter setting.
I tried out also with your specification and I didn't get the Vout_ov error.
Use this file for parameter setting and let me know in case of any difficulty.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes
Kanahaiya_K

Hello @radhamohan605 ,

Please share the specifications, .csv file, and Design calculator for 90V-108V/1.5A driver to proceed ahead with the analysis. Regarding the Vout_uv error, I am checking on it.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes

Hello @Kanahaiya_K  Sir

PFA CSV File and Calculation tool setting for your reference.

Specifiaction : Vout/Iout : 80V-110V/1.5A

Transformer : PQ4025, 180uH, (Np:Ns:Na1:Na2 :::: 24:18:5:5)

Currently facing Low Iout issue and for now i have disabled the DIMMING feature and still facing the same issue of Low Output current. I am working on the same. If found any solution then  will share the same.

With Regards

0 Likes