CDM10V

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Achraf1985
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins
I want to control the CDM10V with a 0-10v signal .

Can I know how to calculate how many pieces of CDM10V can be connected in parallel to a single output of  0-10v signal ?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hi @Achraf1985 ,
Thanks for the clarification.

There are no such limitations for connecting the CDM10V in parallel. You can connect it as per the requirement.
In table 6 of CDM10V Datasheet, it is mentioned that the output current for Dimmer which is flowing out of the pin is typically 200 uA. Rdim+ PIN will not sink any current.

Please take note that you can connect as many as CDM10V to your application provided that the source at the RDIM+ pin can support the necessary current rating.Make sure that the R-dim Pin is sensitive to a voltage higher than Vcc, it needs to be protected against an overvoltage. Since many CDM10Vs are connedted in parallel and if one fails, a more advanced protection is needed.

Feel free to contact in case of any further clarifications.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kanahaiya_K

Hi @Achraf1985 ,
Thanks for posting on the Infineon Developer community.

CDM10V is used to convert the Analog dimming signal to the Digital dimming signal having PWM frequency of 200Hz to 2kHz based on the signal of Rdim+ pin.

Please let us know about your end application and describe about the necessity of parallel connection.

Share the schematic you are using for your application.

Regards,

Kanahaiya

0 Likes

Hi @Kanahaiya_K 

Thank you for your reply.

Actually , i have made a dimmable DC LED driver with 0-10v signal.

i have used the CDM10V + ILD8150.

i will control many luminaires connected in parallel with one single 0-10v

So i need to calculate how many unites of CDM10V can be connected on parallel with one single signal 0-10v?

regards.

0 Likes
Kanahaiya_K

Hi @Achraf1985 ,
Thanks for the clarification.

There are no such limitations for connecting the CDM10V in parallel. You can connect it as per the requirement.
In table 6 of CDM10V Datasheet, it is mentioned that the output current for Dimmer which is flowing out of the pin is typically 200 uA. Rdim+ PIN will not sink any current.

Please take note that you can connect as many as CDM10V to your application provided that the source at the RDIM+ pin can support the necessary current rating.Make sure that the R-dim Pin is sensitive to a voltage higher than Vcc, it needs to be protected against an overvoltage. Since many CDM10Vs are connedted in parallel and if one fails, a more advanced protection is needed.

Feel free to contact in case of any further clarifications.

Regards,
Kanahaiya