Adding pull-up resistor to EN pin of BCR420UE6327HTSA1 LED Driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rcustan
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I am planning to add a pull-up resistor between the +Vs and EN (pin_1) of the BCR420UE6327HTSA1 so I can enable/disable the chip via an open-drain output. I have attached the screenshot for reference.

Is there a limit as to maximum value of the pull-up resistor that I can use without significantly impacting the base current that's driving the transistor and/or affecting the overall performance of the driver? Based on the datasheet, there seem to be an internal resistor after the EN pin (red circle in the screenshot), but I haven't been able to find the value of this resistor in the datasheet.

Thanks and hope to hear your feedback soon.

Cheers,

RC

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sodum
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 10 likes given

Hello @rcustan ,

Thank you for posting your query on Infineon Community.

The internal Bias resistor values are specified in the datasheet under table 2-3. Please find the below image for your reference,

Sodum_0-1672023156246.png

The internal bias resistor is typically 20kOhm and typical enable current is 1.2mA.

Please consider the above parameters while adding an external bias resistor, In addition you might also need to consider the below derating curve,

Sodum_2-1672023533919.png

Feel free to post any further queries.

Regards,

Premsagar S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sodum
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 10 likes given

Hello @rcustan ,

Thank you for posting your query on Infineon Community.

The internal Bias resistor values are specified in the datasheet under table 2-3. Please find the below image for your reference,

Sodum_0-1672023156246.png

The internal bias resistor is typically 20kOhm and typical enable current is 1.2mA.

Please consider the above parameters while adding an external bias resistor, In addition you might also need to consider the below derating curve,

Sodum_2-1672023533919.png

Feel free to post any further queries.

Regards,

Premsagar S

0 Likes