Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

[Windows Only] With KitProg3 v2.10, Simultaneous Use of USB-I2C/SPI Bridging and Debugging Not Possible in CMSIS-DAP Bulk Mode - KBA231025

[Windows Only] With KitProg3 v2.10, Simultaneous Use of USB-I2C/SPI Bridging and Debugging Not Possible in CMSIS-DAP Bulk Mode - KBA231025

ChaitanyaV_61
Employee
Employee
50 questions asked 25 likes received 25 sign-ins

Author: VitaS_81           Version: **

Translation - Japanese: [Windowsのみ] KitProg3 v2.10では、CMSIS-DAPバルクモードでUSB-I2C/SPIブリッジングとデバッグを同時に使用できない - KBA231025 - Communit...

Problem:
When KitProg3 is in CMSIS-DAP Bulk mode, it is not possible to debug (for example, in ModusToolbox, PSoC Creator) and use USB-I2C/SPI bridging (for example, in CapSense® Tuner, Bridge Control Panel) at the same time. This affects the Windows only. It does not affect Linux or macOS users.

Background:

Previous versions of KitProg3 implemented USB-I2C/SPI bridging using HID endpoints. In version 2.10 and newer, bridging is implemented on bulk endpoints for improved performance over I2C/SPI. However, Windows cannot use the USB-I2C/SPI bridging interface and the CMSIS-DAP bulk interface at the same time because of a WinUSB driver limitation.

Solution:

If you would like to use debug and USB-I2C/SPI bridging at the same time, there are two possible workarounds:

1. If performance for programming and debug is not critical, switch KitProg3 to CMSIS-DAP HID mode via the fw-loader utility. Firmware Loader is installed with ModusToolbox software, and is available separately on GitHub.
  2. If you need faster performance for programming and debug, use the onboard KitProg3 for programming purposes and MiniProg4 for bridging purposes or vice versa. Both devices can be in CMSIS-DAP bulk mode.
0 Likes
Contributors