What is WICED SMART™?
Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices for Bluetooth SMART
The Cypress WICED SMART™ Software Development Kit eases development effort and simplifies the implementation of wireless connectivity in an array of consumer, medical, fitness and home automation devices. It is a complete cable replacement for connecting to smartphones, tablets and PCs.
Developers use the WICED SMART™ development kit to create secure Bluetooth SMART wireless applications. The development kit consists of:
- WICED SMART™ small form factor development board (with coin cell holder)
- Software development kit
- Quick Start documentation
- Proximity reference board complete with sensors
The WICED™ SMART Development System enables Bluetooth SMART connectivity for:
- Home, Health and Fitness (Proximity tags, Asset tracking, Heart Rate Monitors, Pedometers)
- Sensors, Home Monitoring and Control (Weight scales, Fitness equipment, Blood Pressure Monitors, Fitness Wrist Bands)
- Consumer (Toys, Games, Pet Tracking, Shoe Sensors)
WICED SMART™ Development Kits
Broadcom provides a WICED SMART™ Software Development Kit and is working with partners to deliver turnkey hardware solutions to enable Bluetooth Smart connectivity.
- Allows access to peripherals, timers, stack and profiles
- Supports ARM RealView RVDS and CodeSourcery G++ Lite tool-chains
- Supports development on Linux, Windows and OSX
- Integrated with an Eclipse IDE
- Includes example applications