WICED Enterprise Security Demo
Feb 13, 2018 03:31 AM
This blog post demonstrates how to use Enterprise security protocols in WICED SDK with FreeRADIUS server. This was tested on WICED version Wiced_006.000.001.005, FreeRADIUS version 2.2.9 and ThreadX-NetX_Duo.
- Ensure that you have installed freeRADIUS in your Linux PC. Log in to the system as root.
- In the Linux PC, open raddb/users file and create username and password for 802.1X authentication.
- Open raddb/clients.conf and add the IP address of access point which is the RADIUS client for Freeradius and shared secret. This will be used in AP configuration.
- Place your root CA (Certificate Authority) and server certificates along with server private key raddb/certs folder. The same CA shall be used in /libraries/utilities/command_console/wifi/certificate.h.
- Modify the raddb/eap.conf file to include the correct filenames of server private key, server certificate and CA as well as the correct certificate and CA directory. The default certificate directory is raddb/certs.
- Configure the AP to include the radius server IP address and shared secret configured in clients.conf.
- Write the command radiusd -X. If configuration settings are correct, you will see “Ready to process requests” in the end.
- Follow the instructions in the WICED path doc/WICED-Enterprise-Security-User-Guide.pdf to configure your WICED device for enterprise security connection.
The output would look like
Rate this article: