Jul 28, 2021 11:49 PM
Optimizing Program/Erase Performance on SEMPER™ Flash Memories - KBA233190
Community Translation: SEMPERTM Flashメモリのプログラム/消去性能の最適化 – KBA233190
Follow these options to optimize your SEMPERTM Flash Memory program and erase performance:
- All Infineon Flash Memories leave the factory in a pre-erased state; so you do not have to erase them again during your production. This will save a lot of time.
- Increasing the power supply (VCC) level will improve the program/erase performance.
- Enabling the Blank check feature by setting the configuration register-3 CFR3x (BLKCHK) bit to 1 will skip re-erasing empty sectors, thus saving time.
- Reduce the number of Erase suspend/resume commands, as these will introduce some latency penalties and will prevent the embedded operations from fast progressing.
- Use the full Write Buffer size of 512 Bytes instead of the default value of 256 Bytes by setting the configuration register-3 CFR3x (PGMBUF) bit to 1.
- Disable the 4 kB small sectors whenever possible by setting the configuration register-3 CFR3x (UNHYSA) bit to 1, as erasing these small sectors usually takes longer than erasing the big sectors of 256 kB.
- Use short polling intervals and use the Status register polling approach to detect the exact time of complete of embedded operation. Avoid using a timeout period-based approach to limit the potential overhead.
- Optimize the code binary for execution instead of optimizing it for code size using the appropriate compiler options.
Rate this article: