- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
ModusToolbox 2.1: Unable to Create Project: TLS Initialization Failed Error on Ubuntu 20.04 - KBA230375
Author: DheerajK_81 Version: **
Translation - Japanese: ModusToolbox 2.1: プロジェクトを作成できない： Ubuntu 20.04でのTLS初期化失敗エラー – KBA230375 - Community Translated (JA)
When I try to create a project in ModusToolbox 2.1 on Ubuntu 20.04, the Project Creator fails with the following error:
“Checking if remote manifest is accessible...
Failed to access remote server: Download of https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-super-manifest/raw/v2.X/mtb-super-manifest.xml failed: TLS initialization failed
No internet connection found and offline content is not available. Check the user guide to see how to get offline contents.
Press "Retry" to try again”
The problem occurs because Ubuntu 20.04 does not include the libssl1.0.0 package, the part of OpenSSL which supports TLS. Do the following to install it manually:
1. Create a file called bionic.list in your home directory with the following contents. Save and close.
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic main
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates main
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security main
2. Copy the file to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/:
sudo cp bionic.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
3. Perform the update and install the libssl1.0.0 package:
apt-get install libssl1.0.0
4. Ensure that you have Git installed and ran the scripts as described in README_2.1.txt in ModusToolbox.