Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

I2C actual tVD in TRAVEO™ T2G MCU

I2C actual tVD in TRAVEO™ T2G MCU

Matsuzawa
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Question: What is the actual tVD of I2C?

Answer: The approximate value of tVD can be calculated using the equation provided in the Architecture TRM

TRAVEO™ T2G MCU has I2C functions that can support various baud rates. The optimal tCLK_SCB for each I2C baud rate is described in Architecture TRM. It is also presented in KBA232509.
Users can calculate the actual tVD based on the tCLK_SCB. The actual tVD is useful for system design and verification for the I2C specifications. Note that this calculated value is an approximation.

The tVD-related equations in the manual are as follows. Use one of the equations according to the filter settings. tRF is the maximum of either the rise or fall time and needs to be measured in user’s system.

• tCLK_SCB(Max) = (tVD – tRF – 100 nsec) / 3 (When analog filter is enabled and digital filter disabled)
  • tCLK_SCB(Max) = (tVD – tRF) / 4 (When analog filter is disabled and digital filter is enabled)

These equations are converted into an equation to find tVD. The following is a conversion of each equation. Note that in these converted equations, tCLK_SCB uses the actual value used, not tCLK_SCB(Max).

• tVD = 3 * tCLK_SCB + tRF + 100 nsec (When analog filter is enabled and digital filter disabled)
  • tVD = 4* tCLK_SCB + tRF (When analog filter is disabled and digital filter is enabled)

Using these equations, users can calculate the approximate value of tVD.

More information

• TRAVEO™ T2G Architecture TRM

More like this (optional)

• None

Note: 

This KBA applies to the following series of TRAVEO™ T2G MCUs:

• TRAVEO™ T2G CYT2xx series
  • TRAVEO™ T2G CYT3xx series
  • TRAVEO™ T2G CYT4xx series
0 Likes