Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

I AM USING A S25FL256S SPI FLASH FOR BOOT-UP CODE. THE SYSTEM BOOTSUP FINE FROM POWER-ON, BUT FAILS TO BOOT-UP FROM A WARM SYSTEM RESET. WHAT COULD BE WRONG?-KBA203745

I AM USING A S25FL256S SPI FLASH FOR BOOT-UP CODE. THE SYSTEM BOOTSUP FINE FROM POWER-ON, BUT FAILS TO BOOT-UP FROM A WARM SYSTEM RESET. WHAT COULD BE WRONG?-KBA203745

Anonymous
Not applicable

Version: *A

Translation - Japanese: 起動コードに S25FL256S SPIフラッシュを使用しています。電源投入からのシステム ブートアップは正常に起動しますが、ウォーム システム リセットからのブートに失敗します。何が間違っているので...

Question:

I am using a S25FL256S SPI Flash for boot-up code. The system boots-up fine from power-on, but fails to boot-up from a warm system reset. What could be wrong?

Answer:

Most likely you are using a S25FL256S SPI Flash without a reset input. You may have changed the EXTADD-Bit in the Bank Address Register to access the flash with 4-byte addresses during runtime. During a reset, the SPI Flash remains in the 4-byte address mode and the system tries to boot with 3 byte addresses which won't work. Therefore, you need to use a version of the SPI flash with a Reset input pin.

0 Likes
Contributors