How to configure the D-pin and DS-pin of LITIX™ Basic+?
The configuration of D-pin and DS-pin depends on the fault management required in the application.
The D-pin activates or de-activates the N-1 behavior, when a fault (OL, SC, SLS) is detected. N-1 is the behavior, if 1 LED or LED chain fails all LEDs are OFF.
Below the possible configurations in order to activate or de-activate the N-1 behavior:
- D-pin connected to GND: N-1 is de-activated. The LEDs which are not failing will remain ON. The failure is communicated via the ERRN
- D-pin left open: N-1 is activated. All LEDs will switch OFF immediately
- D-pin connected to a capacitor: N-1 is activated. All LEDs will switch OFF after delay time defined by the capacitor
The DS-pin defines the driver's reaction to a single LED short failure (SLS). Below the possible configurations:
- DS-pin connected to GND: Latched behavior. All LEDs are switched OFF
- DS-pin connected to a capacitor: Restart behavior. All LEDs are OFF and the driver performs a load reactivation retry with wait time cycle tsl(wait)
When the SLS detection is not required in the application, it can be de-activated by:
- Connect SLS_REF-pin to GND and
- Leave DS-pin open
Note: OL and SC detection will not be de-activated!
More details on the fault management can be found in the datasheet and the "Diagnosis and fault management" application note, available at https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/lighting-ics/litix-automotive-led-driver-ic/litix-basi...