Enabling Jumbo Frames in Windows for GX3 – KBA00111
Author: abhinavg_21 Version: *A
Translation - Japanese: WindowsでGX3のジャンボフレームを有効にする - KBA00111 - Community Translated (JA)
What are jumbo frames? How to enable jumbo frames for GX3 in Windows OS?
Jumbo frames are Ethernet frames that can carry more than 1500 bytes of payload and it can go up to 9000 bytes. As jumbo frames are not specified by IEEE 802.3, the size of the jumbo frames vary from manufacturer to manufacturer of the LAN adapters and Ethernet cards. Jumbo frames improve network throughput by making data transfers more efficient with less overheads. The jumbo frames are effective only if they are enabled at both the ends with the same value. However, jumbo frames may even degrade the performance if the CPU is not fast enough to process larger frames and may result in packet loss.
GX3 supports two jumbo frame configurations (2 KB and 4 KB). Do the following to enable jumbo frames in GX3:
- Connect the GX3 device to the USB port of the computer.
- Open Device Manager.
- Under Network adapters, right-click on Cypress GX3 SuperSpeed to Gigabit Ethernet Bridge Controller and select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab. Under Property drop-down list, select Jumbo Packet.
- Select the Jumbo frame size value from the drop-down list (Disabled, 2KB, or 4KB).
- ez-usba gx3a superspeed usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet controller
- superspeed usb peripherals
This widget could not be displayed.