EZ-PD™ CCG4: Applications
What are the applications of EZ-PD™ CCG4?
- Infineon offers single as well as dual port Type-C EZ-PD™ CCG4 controller. This Type-C port controller is fully compliant with Type-C and PD specification. CYPD4125-40LQXIT, CYPD4126-40LQXIT, CYPD4126-24LQXIT and CYPD4136-24LQXIT are single port Type-C CCG4 controllers for DRP applications such as notebooks, desktops and docking stations. CYPD4225-40LQXIT, CYPD4226-40LQXIT and CYPD4236-40LQXIT are dual port Type-C CCG4 controllers for DRP applications such as notebooks, desktops and docking stations.
CCG4 integrates two Type-C transceivers and facilitates a dual port Type-C notebook design with a reduced BOM. In this application, CCG4 communicates with Embedded Controller (EC), which manages the Battery Charger Controller (BCC) to control the charging and discharging of internal battery. Both the Type-C ports can be either power providers or power consumers at the same or different times. Also, CCG4 transfers the DisplayPort signals over Type-C interface using display mux controllers. Figure 1 shows the dual port Type-C notebook design using CCG4 (CY4225-40LQXIT).
Figure 1: Dual Port Type-C Notebook Design Using CCG4
In a docking station design, the Type-C port at the upstream of the hub gets connected to the downstream Type-C port of the attached notebook. Any other Type-C device can be connected to the notebook over the Type-C port at the downstream of the hub (in the Docking station). EZ-PD CCG4 integrates two Type-C transceivers and facilitates the dual Type-C port docking station design with a reduced BOM as it integrates two Type-C transceivers. Figure 2 shows the docking station design using CCG
Figure 2: Docking Station Design Using CCG4
Translation - Japanese: EZ-PD™ CCG4 のアプリケーション - KBA210739 - Community Translated (JA)
- Dual Port Type-C Notebook
- ez-pd ccg4 ™
- ez-pda ccg4: two-port type-c controller with power delivery
- ez-pda ccg4m: two port usb type-c controller with pd and high-speed mux
- EZ-PD™ CCG4 Applications
- Type-C EZ-PD™ CCG4 controller
- usb-c and power delivery