- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
Control Signals from CCG3PA to the Buck Boost Chip in CY4532 EVK - KBA232894
Question: What are the different control signals from CCG3PA to the buck boost chip in CY4532 EVK?
Answer: CCG3PA supports the following buck boost control methods:
CY4532 EVK Type A port voltage control
CY4532 EVK Type C port current control
- FB (Feedback)
CY4532 EVK Type-C port voltage control
The power board in the CY4532 EVK has the following DC-DC controllers for VBUS on the Type-C and Type-A ports:
1. SC8802 (U1): This is a bidirectional buck boost regulator connected to the USB Type-C port on the main board.
In power adapter (PA) applications, it regulates the voltage from 3.3 V to 11 V on the USB Type-C port per the PD contract negotiated with the device being charged.
In power bank (PB) applications, when the battery is being charged, this part provides power from the VBUS input to the battery. The VBUS voltage of 5 V to 11 V supplied from a USB Type-C charger is fed to this part and it controls the power supplied to the battery based on the battery type (1-cell or 2-cell).
The following pins of SC8802 are controlled by CCG3PA:
- DIR: It controls the charging and discharging direction control of SC8802. It is set high to configure SC8802 to the discharging mode and set to low to configure it to the charging mode.
- PWM_I: This is the PWM output from CCG3PA to set the current limit of the SC8802.
- EN: This is to enable SC8802.
- FB: This is the direct feedback control to control output voltage on the Type-C port.
2. SC8701 (U2): This is a buck boost regulator connected to the USB Type-A port located on the CY4532 EVK Main Board.
In both the PA and PB applications, it supplies power from the DC input/battery to provide the VBUS output (VBUS_TYPE_A) on the Type-A port.
The PWM_V of SC8701 is controlled by CCG3PA.
1. PWM_V: This is a 20 kHz to 100 kHz PWM output from CCG3PA to control the output voltage of the SC8701.