Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

Can XENSIV™ BGT60LTR11AIP radar sensor operate on Japanese ISM band?

Can XENSIV™ BGT60LTR11AIP radar sensor operate on Japanese ISM band?

Infineon_Team
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 likes received 25 replies posted

The XENSIV™ BGT60LTR11AIP radar MMIC operates on the frequency band between 61-61.5 GHz, while BGT60LTR11BAIP operates on the Japan ISM band frequency of 60 GHz (60.5-61 GHz). If you wish to configure BGT60LTR11AIP to operate on the Japan ISM band frequency, you need to avoid reading the content of Reg55. This register checks the eFuse status, which determines whether it is a Japanese or non-Japanese version.

However, this method is applicable only when BGT60LTR11AIP is configured in SPI mode. If the MMIC is configured in autonomous mode, all the eFuse checks are done internally and cannot be modified. So, it is recommended to use SPI mode to configure BGT60LTR11AIP.

If you are using the Infineon Radar SDK, you can achieve this by simply not calling the `isJapanBand()` class. On the other hand, if you are developing your own code, you can write the desired frequency value in Reg05.

To summarize, in order to configure the standard XENSIV™ BGT60LTR11AIP radar to operate on the Japan ISM band frequency via SPI, you should avoid reading the content of Reg55, use SPI mode for configuration, and write the desired Japanese frequency value in Reg05.

Comments
h_nakamura
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 solutions authored

Hello,
Can I ask a qusetion?

How can I use her JPN frequency for the BGT60LTR11AIP shield when using the FUSION GUI?
I would like to know the specific method if possible.

Best Regards,
Nakamura

Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted
Contributors