Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

AURIX™ MCU: How to realize I2S - KBA234446

AURIX™ MCU: How to realize I2S - KBA234446

IFX_Publisher1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 250 replies posted

Community Translation: AURIX™ MCU: I2Sの実現の仕方 - KBA234446

Version: **

Question: Is the AURIX™ MCU support I2S (Inter-IC Sound)?

Answer: The AURIX™ devices do not have a dedicated I2S HW-module, but there are the possibilities to emulate I2S master and slave.

Master: For generating an I2S output, where the AURIX™ is the master the Queued Synchronous Peripheral Interface (QSPI) module can be used. To do so, use the QSPI in simplex mode transmit mode. Need two chip selects (SLSO), one for left/right and the second one as a dummy. The chip-select can be switched using the BACON entries.

Slave: In the slave mode, the AURIX™ is responsible to receive the sound signals from an external master. To do so, the Timer Input Modules (TIM) of the Generic Timer Module (GTM) is used. E.g., TIM_0 is detecting the right or left noise while. TIM_1 is responsible to track the clock and trigger TIM_2 at a rising clock edge. TIM_2 will then track the data and store them through the Advanced Routing Unit (ARU) in the FIFO. By reaching the defined watermark in the FIFO the DMA is triggered to transfer the data to the memory.

See the “Queued Synchronous Peripheral Interface (QSPI)” and “Generic Timer Module (GTM)” sections of the User’s manual.

Note: This KBA applies to the following series of AURIX™ MCUs:

• AURIX™ TC2xx series
  • AURIX™ TC3xx series
0 Likes